Progress! It is a steady march around the house, siding one wall at a time. Things are moving, mainly because the weather has cooperated with little rain for the past month.
The patio side is complete. AZEK trim was used along the soffit and removable trim pieces against the roofing.
The light blocks that I previously posted about have been wired and the mounting hubs bolted to the electrical boxes with stainless steel bolts. Copper flashing keeps everything dry.
I used these barn lights with 40″+ arms made by Hi-light in California.
I centered the lights over the three windows below.
A light test to see what 20w (100w replacement) LED bulbs would do – it’s a pretty even light over the patio. The perimeter lights on the stone and corners are 6w LED down lights.
All the trim is AZEK. Here I’ve fabricated some corner base caps and glued the corners with PVC glue held together with painters tape.
I got a little carried away and glued all the pieces together.
Then I realized that I couldn’t get the trim pieces on the columns if all sides are glued. Fortunately I figured this out before the glue set completely.
The trim pieces create a base for the AZEK corner boards that are mounted above the water table trim at each corner of the building with siding.
Since I have several corners that have to have the siding fit precisely, I’ve made a Masonite template to trace onto the siding. It’s cut with the angle grinder with a diamond blade.
As usual I have all cuts to fit within a 16th of an inch. This is before caulking.
And on we go on to wall #3. The great thing about using Hardie siding is that it looks like the original wood.
Hang around – we’ll go inside sometime.